My dad is not a fan of cakes, but give him cookies and he might not save any for you. Well, not that bad. But he loves them. Especially if they come with chocolate or coconuts or, perhaps, just any other nuts. When baked with my odd-behaving oven, this cookies didn't spread much (I had to spread them using the back of a spoon to obtain a larger, thinner cookie). They also puffed up a bit, and were crunchy in both outside and inside. I don't know whether the result would be the same when baked in regular ovens.
Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies
170 gr unsalted butter, softened
170 gr caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
280 gr cake flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
200 gr chocolate chips
150 gr macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C. In a bowl, sift together cake flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. Cream butter and sugar until combined. Add eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition.
3. Add vanilla extract and flour mixture. Beat until almost combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and macadamia with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Drop teaspoons or tablespoons of dough into a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes (check after 10-12 minutes if you don't like your cookies crunchy).